Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bum-fun

I have been invited to a wedding, which will be held during the Jewish holiday of Purim, which is the day that the country dresses up in costumes, like Halloween. While I was thinking of different things to go as, one of the things that popped into my mind was going as Little Britain's very own Daffyd Thomas, the only gay in the village (see link at end). While this could be a very successful idea, it could be a complete failure. While this costume could be a very good statement to make, especially in the year which Brokeback Mountain is nominated and favorite to win the academy award for best picture, and Transamerica stars nominee Felicity Hoffman who is my favorite to win, if I would happen to fall in a circle that is not very well acquainted with Mr. Thomas I would be more like Andy Pipkin from Little Britain who insisted on wearing a Smurf outfit to a restaurant where he declared "I look a pillock". Another statement would indeed be made here while going as Daffyd, and that is: "I've been to Wales, what an experience that was".

In the past, I had thought of dressing up one day as another fictional character (fictional as far as we know!). George, the father from Mary Poppins, when he was fired from the bank, had his (bear with me) top hat's hat top punched threw, his flower on his lapel torn, and his umbrella reversed inside out. While appearing crazy to the rest of the world he danced back home and sang about a spoonful of sugar - Yet another costume that I would most likely enjoy alone.

Links:
Little Britain links I enjoyed while writing this:
Which little Britain character are you (scroll down) - second question is extremely frustrating. My result was Ann, which I am quite happy with, she laughs at the world and enjoys it at the same time, eh eh eh.
Daffyd Thomas on Wikipedia
I was excited to find Little Britain dolls available!
The fantastic Andrew Sullivan and his "daily dish"- if you have read this far you are unlikley to be homophobic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home